The electrician came during the week and got my Sequence 9700 pump up and running. Initially the water began to clear, but because I was running two much smaller pumps, I think I had an algae clog in the end of my grow bed piping because the bed wasn’t filling very fast and the pond continued with its wonderful shade of green. I realized it was clogged and was able to clear it with a change in the pressure and water flow. Now the pond is cycling quite well and I am hopeful that over the next 48 to 72 hours it will begin to clear up so we can see the Koi.
The ducks are loving the pond and have been fun to watch, but they keep eating my plants.
Listening to the sound of the water and the quack of the ducks is really one of the most relaxing things I’ve found to do while sitting on my porch on a Sunday afternoon.
So, now as the water cycles and begins to balance itself, the next step is to finish bringing in the boulders, rock and landscape the perimeter of the pond.