The project that I thought would only take two to three months is now on month eight. But I have learned a great deal and lost a few pounds in the process. Here are the pictures of further progress since the liner and stones have been placed. I am still waiting for additional stone to fill in the gaps.
I placed the liner and after a rain storm and irrigation lifted the liner and rock in the base, I decided filling it would hold it in place much more effectively.
Bottom drain bubbler was inserted and the water filling began.
I put pea gravel into the grow bed and bog areas and while waiting for the electrician to finish the wiring on my big pump, I temporarily inset my small aquaponics pumps into the swirl tank and skimmer to get the water moving.
The ducks love it. So do the dogs.
I found some water lillies and horsetail at Home Depot and added them to the grow beds to get things started.
I’ve included video below explaining how the pond works. Little by little it is getting completed.
One thought on “Progress on the Aquaponics Koi and Duck Pond”
Pingback: Progress on the Aquaponics Koi and Duck Pond | The Doc & The Horse | WORLD ORGANIC NEWS